Search This Blog

Saturday, December 8, 2012

My pages with the Penmanship Collection by Viva Artistry

I've made some pages using the Penmanship Collection from Viva Artistry. This is another gorgeous big collection and i had a lot of fun playing around with it.

Penmanship is the technique of writing with the hand using a writing instrument. In past times, calligraphy was a popular craft with many. You can have the look of calligraphy as well in your layouts with this set of unique elements and papers. In this set, you can have it all! Lots of detailed elements to dress up your photographs or journal pages. Background papers are textured and lush for a great start. Also included are brushes, flourishes, a book file in PNG & TIFF, a set of wax seals with styles and black off hand flourish papers. There is a BONUS ADD-ON included: 3 ready to use clusters

This fabulous collection is available at SBG HERE.

And here's a preview of the collection:


So now for my pages:


For the first page I recolored the inkblots & inkjar. Font used is Some Weatz Swashes.
Poem is Quest for Shaded Truth by Bryce Lim

Dove came to Raven in a dream.
He was whiter than snow.
Raven woke with his croaking scream,
A creature of light had visited.

It was not just a vision,
The Dove soon arrived in flesh.
Raven stared in derision,
As Dove was loved more than he.

What have I done, thought Raven,
To deserve such hostility?
Must I stop eating carrion,
Or carry a branch in my beak?

Dove is loved by all,
With his smooth, snowy plumage,
And his slow, cooing call
That so comforts Man’s soul.

As the wind whispered Nature’s
Thoughts into his ears, he realized
That without the dark there
Could not be light.

Raven watched fires angrily destroy,
And rain patter softly on earth.
He saw shrubs, stooped like haggard men,
While tall trees towered tyrannically.

But who made the rules about
What should symbolize purity,
And what should represent
Repulsion and evil?
Shaded Thruth
The second page is a funny poem. I colored in the fish with bright colors and recolored brushes & inkblots to represent water. Font used is Saltwater.
The poem "Sick Fish" is by Kenn Nesbitt

The fish in our aquarium
are looking rather ill,
and most of them are turning
kind of green around the gill.

I might have fed them too much food,
forgot to clean their tank,
or maybe they're allergic to
the toys and junk I sank.

Perhaps I broke the thermostat.
I could have cut their air.
What's certain is they're sickly
from my downright lack of care.

But even though they're looking ill
I still have cause to gloat;
they're obviously talented--
they're learning how to float!

Sick Fish
I hope you enjoyed them, thanks for looking !!!

Greetings,
Elysah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment