Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

New Minikit Personal Best by OTBDS

I made these pages with the new mini-kit "Personal Best" by O.T.B.D.S.
This kit contains some fabulous Brush-In-Hand painted papers and cool artsy elements and could be used to make all sorts of pages. Setting Goals, aiming not for perfection, but your PERSONAL BEST is what this mini is all about.

I made one romantic, one slick modern and one grungy page, all with the same mini-kit.
It's just a small kit but with really great creative potential !!

My first page:


This is my page for the AOS assignment for week 15.
Jewel  & brush from Painted Ladies kit by OTBDS & little green flowers from When i was a little girl kit by OTBDS. Fonts used: Embassy (titles) & Salsa Mangos BTN

Journaling reads:
For as long as i can remember, art has always been a way to express myself.
It helps me to express my moods & my personality, and also to organize my thoughts, ideas and memories
in a visually attractive way for later reference and/or enjoyment. I basically have to do this, as i am a total
scatterbrain and also kind of chaotic when it comes to organizing my ideas & thoughts. Being creative helps me to get stuff out of my brain and make sense of all those random thoughts. It provides me with a way to get an insight in myself en my feelings and also in the process helps me to work through them, as being creative always calms me down, makes me more focussed and keeps me busy so my brain doesn’t go haywire on me.
And meanwhile i get a better insight in myself, my motivations and my strenghts and weaknesses.
Simply put: it helps me to grow spiritually and keeps me grounded. As a teenager i already used to “abuse”
my schoolplanner by scribbling and drawing in it and pasting pictures, clippings, quotes, etc.
By the end of the schoolyear the thing just wouldn’t close anymore, as it grew thicker and thicker.
Since then i’ve picked up many creative hobbies such as cardmaking, scrapbooking, parchment craft and jewellery making.
I also stuck with my favorites: drawing, painting (although not of late) and i still make little books out of old used books, dateplanners, etc. by pasting magazine clippings, articles, headlines & quotes in them and mainly drawing & scetching.
Often i write about what’s on my mind and also paste that in. The irony is that i figured i had to learn how to do art journaling, when looking back on my life i apparently was doing that all along. I just didn’t have a name for it. Just one of my strange habits !!!
My creations reflect who i am in the bright colors i like to use and the (mostly) rather busy layouts tend to reflect my often overloaded and overstimulated brain.

My 2nd page:


This is what the creative process is to me.
Boots from Dollface bundle by OTBDS, butterfly & jewel from Painted Ladies bundle by OTBDS, head woman from my stash
Font used: Pump demi bold (& Old Typewriter)


And my last page:


This page speaks for itself, loved the quote so i had to use it.
Man, quote & devil  from my stash.


I hope you enjoyed them, thanks for reading,

Greetings,
Elysah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment